vrijdag 2 maart 2012

E-BOOK: Interim management as a Complex Adaptive System.


E-BOOK

Interim management as a complex system

A perspective with lots of features
A myth refuted
In my opinion interim-management has a structural 'problem' - unintentionally, but still inherently apparent. The problem has existed since the beginning of interim-management in the seventies. The main characters 'the employer', 'the intermediair' and 'the interim-manager or - expert', all have a part of the problem in their hands. What do I think is the problem? The main characters have since the introduction of interim-management, with every interim-case, been primarily busy trying to find 'the right guy' for the job, but their motives are different. And when the interim-manager has started his job, he often finds out that the problem he was handed is different than he initially thought as he discovers the true cause of the problem and the deeper issues.


In these cases the definition and the diagnosis of the problem change and should be corrected - but that usually does not happen. That is not good. We are talking about a structural and recurrent phenomenon. Convinced that this can be dealt with a lot better, I started working on this question. What is the problem? What is the cause? What are the consequences? And what is the solution? I investigated the problem. I used a method that I created last year. I investigated the problem in the larger context of interim-management as a system and found out which actors in interaction with each other have created the problem and still cause it
In my opinion 'interim management' as a system must be seen as a complex adaptive system (CAS) and that 'the problem' is an emergence phenomenon of this system. I also found a way to solve this problem. I am convinced that with this method, complex situations can be solved and investigated faster and more effectively. The problem of interim-management has a long history and has several levels. I have written an e-book about this subject and that will come out soon. In my e-book I show in a transparent way which interaction patterns in the larger system create — unintentionally — the problem and how up until now it still do so (including exposing a persistent myth within the industry).
I also show how the problem can be solved and how the non-effective interaction patterns can be broken. The core of the method is too investigate and analyse the complex issue with the organization   - in short time - and advise about a plan of attack. My method based on solving problems in co-creation and is focused on empowerment and passing on knowledge. The idea behind the method is simple, "we all have a problem from time to time. If we knew what we were doing we would have solved the issue or the issue wouldn't even exist". So if we know what the problem is, we can - in most cases - effectively solve the problem.
My plan is focused on empowerment and passing on knowledge. The idea behind the method is simple, "we all have a problem from time to time. If we knew what we were doing we would have solved the issue or the issue wouldn't even exist". So if we know what the problem is, we can - in most cases - effectively solve the problem.
I have written this e-book to share and spread my solutions about the problem of interim-management. Only in this way it can be judged and gain meaning. In addition to investigating and providing advice on how to deal with complex situations, I also give lectures, workshops and trainings about this method. The method solves problems effectively. And it saves money, sometimes a lot of money!
INFORMATION


E-mail | Website LinkedIN Twitter YouTube |
Ary van Baalen | Jacques Perkstraat 30 | 5644 TK Eindhoven |Tel: +31622440947



Geen opmerkingen: